Only in extreme conditions is there a risk of avalanches here under certain circumstances. In any case, check the current avalanche report beforehand. Snowshoe tours are also suitable for beginners.
Getting thereB308 to Oberstaufen, continue to Steibis, there follow the signs to Hochgratbahn.
ParkingParking lot Hochgratbahn valley station.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Snowshoes, telescopic poles with large plates, avalanche equipment with avalanche transceiver, avalanche probe and avalanche shovel, day hiking backpack (approx. 30 liters) with rain cover, comfortable and waterproof winter shoes or sturdy hiking boots that fit into the binding of the snowshoes, if necessary. Gaiters, warm and durable clothing in multi-layer principle, ski jacket and pants, hat/headband, scarf, gloves, ski goggles if necessary, sun and rain protection, provisions and drinking water, thermos bottle with hot drink, first aid kit, pocket knife, cell phone, headlamp and reflectors if necessary.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.