The 9th stage leads back up to the crest of the Ore Mountains on 12km and 447 meters of altitude. The checkpoint is in Nova Ves v Horach on the left hand side directly in front of the small local museum.
Distance 11.9 km
Litvínov‘s character as an industrial city is unmistakable. From ore mining to textile, toy and wood production and today‘s chemical industry, the city‘s economy was subject to constant changes. Apart from that, the baroque town center with Zámek Valdštejnů (Waldstein Castle) and the parish church of St. Michael are characteristic of Litvínov. Further west, a challenging ascent awaits you. The pass at Nová Ves v Horách (736 m) used to be an important mule track from Saxony to Bohemia. Donkeys, mules and horses transported goods over the ridge of the Ore Mountains. For harness services on the steep mountain roads and to protect against raids, small villages were built along the path at that time. One of them isthe next checkpoint of the Stoneman Miriquidi Road: Nová Ves v Horách.
Update: February 04, 2021
33U 401601 5606009
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Road Cycling
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling shoes
- Padded shorts and jersey
- Water bottle and cage
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view