challenging tour with large differences in altitude
Distance 48.1 km
The tour runs from Schöneck to Mühlleithen and the Aschberg, with its inviting view of the Upper Vogtland. From here you cross the border and get to Bublava in the Czech Republic and the larger town of Kraslice. In these places there are numerous options for shopping and refreshment stops before heading back to Klingenthal. It is worth taking a layover to the "Sparkasse Vogtland Arena" - one of the most modern ski jumping hills in Europe. Via the residential area "An der Huth" it goes up to the former mining town of Kottenheide and back to Schöneck on the "Wolfsbachweg".
Rest StopRestaurants at the IFA Schöneck Hotel & Holiday Park
Hotel | Restaurant Tannenhaus
Restaurant "Vugelbeerbaum" im Ferienhotel Mühlleithen
Berggasthaus & Pension "Schöne Aussicht"
Hotel-Gasthof "Zum Döhlerwald" Klingenthal
Hotel Haus am Ahorn
Tips and hintshttps://schoeneck-vogtland.de/
Getting thereLeave the A72 at the Plauen-Süd exit and follow the B92 towards Oelsnitz. After about 7km leave the B92 in the direction of Schöneck / Klingenthal. After the towns of Görnitz, Tirschendorf, Willitzgrün and Arnoldsgrün you have reached Schöneck.
ParkingParking garage at the IFA holiday park, there are also 6 mobile home parking spaces
33U 311415 5585255
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view