Distance 21 km
From the car park below the church in Deutschneudorf the trail leads across the border into Bohemian territory. The route is partly on public and later on forestry roads with the highlight being the five kilometres stretch down from the Ore Mountains ridge to Jezeri Palace (Eisenberg Palace). Right at the start of this stretch a long and very fluid trail will put a smile on your face. Later on, the route passes by Jezerka mountain whose peak features a small circuit. Don’t miss this foot path because otherwise you won’t see this tour’s ultimate highlight: The contrast between a landscape carrying the scars of opencast mining and the wild nature of this mountain which almost reminds one of the Alps will leave a lasting memory. Afterwards, enjoy the long downhill trail to Jezeri Palace. The rest of the tour mainly features asphalt forestry roads that gently slope upwards and are physically not too demanding. Only a 600 metres stretch once you‘ve passed the palace is a bit more difficult. Technically, the trail is not too much of a challenge either, only a short steep bit before getting to the castle requires a bit more skill.
Update: August 22, 2014
33U 391295 5607004
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view