“Glück auf!”, as the German miners say to wish each other good luck before going underground. On more than 285 kilometres, the Kammweg trail crosses the Ore Mountains and the Vogtland. Whether you want to hike the whole tour or only a section for a few days – the Kammweg trail is an all-rounder!
The Kammweg trail gave us the chance to really experience what we were doing. In these high-speed modern times, we found peace of mind and our very own rhythm. And very slowly, we realized that quicker is not always better.
Sabine M. and Joachim L.
Signposting: From start to finish, the Kammweg Trail Ore Mountains - Vogtland is marked with a blue horizontal line and the lettering KAMM according to the guidelines for quality trails of the German hiking association.
Come in and unwind also means: go hiking and broaden your horizon. Just for once no phones, no mails, and no checking of stock prices. On the Saxon-Bohemian mountain ridge, in the middle of nowhere, nature is still intact. An exciting fauna, unspoiled nature, breathtaking views in a surprisingly beautiful landscape – that is why hiking has such a calming effect here.
Note: On some stages, restaurants and accommodations are scarce. Please read up about the opening hours prior to your hike. We recommend some rucksack provisions for the way. The local tourist informations and the tourism associations of the Ore Mountains and the Vogtland will gladly provide you with information.
It would be our pleasure to take care of an all-inclusive package for you to make sure you can relax and really enjoy your hike! Recommendations for your hiking holidays
Tips and hintsTourismusverband Erzgebirge e. V.
Tel. +49 3733 188000
Fax +49 3733 1880020
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes, weather-proof clothing and provisions are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 17 Stages