The viewpoints on the last stage of Fjällräven Classic are lined up like a string of pearls. From Kalzhofen, we hike over the low mountain ridge that borders the Konstanzer Valley to the north. Beautiful hiking trails lead us mostly along green pastures with grazing young cattle.
We pass fewer huts than on the second day, but even more beautiful views: Kalzhofner, Salmaser and Thaler Höhe, plus the Alpseeblick are on the way. The view extends over the Constance Valley to the Great Alpsee, to the opposite mountain ridge (which we crossed on the first stage!) and to the higher peaks of the Allgäu Alps.
Before the last stretch of the route, we come across the Siedelalpe, a serviced hut with a beautiful sun terrace directly on the trail. This is the last refreshment before the descent to the Alpsee. If you want, you can jump into the lake as the grand finale of Fjällräven Classic.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipment for the three-day trek on Fjällräven Classic:
- trekking backpack (approx. 50 liters) with rain cover
- comfortable and sturdy footwear, second pair of shoes / sandals
- adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers, change of clothes
- telescope sticks
- sun and rain protection
- snacks and drinking water
- first aid kit
- mobile phone
- travel documents
- toilet bag and travel towel
- camping equipment if necessary (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, cooking equipment), hut equipment if necessary
- 11 Waypoints
- 11 Waypoints