The second stage of the trip starts pretty leisurely: Along the Weißach we hike to the Buchenegger waterfalls. They are located in the deep ravine of the Weißach and are among the most beautiful waterfalls in the Allgäu. On hot days, people like to bathe in the Weißach here, but be careful: the water is ice cold even in the middle of summer!
After we have climbed out of the gorge on the other side in steep serpentines, we continue through a cultural landscape that is typical for the Allgäu. We hike across alpine meadows with grazing cows, through small forests and past many small alpine huts.
The main ascent of this day's stage leads us to the Moosalpe (nice place to stop for a break!) and on to the Hündlekopf. After we have enjoyed the panoramic view into the valley from the top, the steep descent from the Hündle follows before we make the final push to our day's destination in Kalzhofen.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipment for the three-day trek on Fjällräven Classic:
- trekking backpack (approx. 50 liters) with rain cover
- comfortable and sturdy footwear, second pair of shoes / sandals
- adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers, change of clothes
- telescope sticks
- sun and rain protection
- snacks and drinking water
- first aid kit
- mobile phone
- travel documents
- toilet bag and travel towel
- camping equipment if necessary (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, cooking equipment), hut equipment if necessary
- 12 Waypoints
- 12 Waypoints