A moderately difficult hike that leads to the breathtaking Seetal top station’s viewing platform.
The first highlight you reach after a few minutes is the idyllic Grächen Lake. You then have a relatively challenging uphill hike above Grächen through the forest and reach the Heidnisch Tosse resting hut at 2,500 m altitude. From there you head through rocky landscape towards Seetalhorn.
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Grächen tourisme accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Tips and hintsBinoculars may be practical to observe any ibex from close up!
Getting there- Rhône Valley: Via Martigny - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus
- Car transport Lötschberg: Via Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (bls.ch/e/autoverlad/)
- Car transport Furka: Via Andermatt - Realp - Oberwald - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Furka)
- Tessin/Simplon: Via Lugano - Centovalli - Domodossola - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Simplon)
ParkingParking spaces in Grächen: The car park Millegga is located by the village entrace in Grächen. Price per day (for covered parking space): CHF 15.00
Private Parking space provider:
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 35
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 16 31
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 01
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)