On the tracks of the former narrow gauge railway line
Distance 35.8 km
The route leads along the viaduct in Robschütz, the Löthain Railway Museum and several stations of the historic narrow-gauge railroad. The route continues to the Leutewitz estate and quarry, the Zöthain double bridge and the Prositz Germanic burial ground. Finally, you will pass the ruins of the monastery "Holy Cross".
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 04, 2021
Tips and hints"Riesa, Oschatz, Großenhain and surroundings", Ed.: Verlag Dr. Andreas Barthel, ISBN 978-3-89591-145-3
"Meißen and surroundings - Lommatzscher Pflege, Riesa, Oschatz, Döbeln", ed.: Sachsen Kartographie GmbH Dresden, ISBN 978-3-86843-048-06
Getting thereUse approach via A4 in Dresden or exit on A13 from Berlin. You can reach the starting point via the B6 from Dresden and Oschatz or the B101 from Großenhain.
ParkingThere are several parking options, which are paid or free of charge.
33U 393751 5668898
Book recommendation by the author
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWeatherproof clothing and tool kit recommended
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view